Saturday, February 23, 2013

Praying for Spring



Full Snow Moon waxing (Feb 25). 
Swamped at work this week, got no writing done. I will hit the books tomorrow. I'll try to catch up and follow the Richard Rhodes motto “a page a day equals a book a year”
The weather is teasing us with signs of spring, then bouts of frigid blasts. Alas, that’s the nature of February in Ohio. I’m praying that the ground hog is correct this year and we get that early spring. I think it’s getting close because I tapped four maple trees (scaling down from previous years when I tapped 12) and got some flow. Also, I saw about a hundred buckets hanging around the township. I plan on boiling down about 20 gallons to get four pint jars of syrup. That will last me the year since everyone else in the house uses Log Cabin! I might do an extra pint to trade with my cousin Vinnie for a quart of his excellent, homemade wine. Until next post, take care.

No comments: